Prof. SERGEY E. VLASOV
Doctor of Science (Engineering), Director, Scientific Research Institute for System Analysis of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russian Federation
Elibrary Research Online Library profile
Professor (part-time) in the Dept. of Computer Science and Research Automation, National Research Lobachevsky State University of Nizhny Novgorod. Over 20 years of research and teaching experience.
PhD (Engineering) (1995), Doctor of Science (Engineering) (2006). Doctorate Thesis: PLM-Based Computer-Aided Design of Nuclear Power Plant Process Control Hardware and Software Tools
Sergey Vlasov is an expert in IT and computer-aided design of radio electronics. He has authored and co-authored over 50 research publications, and one monograph.
Key research areas: PCB design and simulation; PCB topology design; resource allocation for micron- and sub-micron LSI device production planning and manufacturing.
Prof. Vlasov’s major achievements:
- algorithms, design methods, and computer-aided design systems (CAD) for special-purpose microelectronic devices (matrix crystal LSIs, micro assemblies)
- algorithms, design methods for the hardware and software of nuclear power plant process control tools
- a CAD system has been developed and used for the design of 5 NPP control systems in Russia and abroad
- a range of supercomputers with domestic components (operating system; commutation module; application software) has been developed; over 60 units have been delivered to Russian customers
- process models and digital control tools for manufacturing company operations have been developed. They are the foundation of the Digital Enterprise national IT platform in the making.
He is a member of the Nuclear Technologies task force, the Russian President’s Board for Economy Modernization and Technology Development, a member of the Interdepartmental Russian Supercomputer Industry and Applications Work Group
Awards: second-class medal of the Order of Merit for the Motherland.